- a sweet fluid, as manna, exuded from various plants
- a sweet substance that is excreted by aphids and other juice-sucking homopteran plant insects, or secreted by certain fungi: often eaten by bees and ants
- honeydew melon
- A sweet sticky substance excreted by insects, such as aphids, that feed on plant sap. Honeydew sometimes accumulates on leaves and other plant parts.
- A honeydew melon.
(countable and uncountable, plural honeydews)
- A sweet sticky substance deposited on leaves by insects.
- A sweet sticky substance produced by the leaves of some plants.
- (countable) A melon with sweet green flesh, with a smooth greenish-white exterior, of cultivar group Cucumis melo Inodorus group.
- A light bluish green colour, like that of a honeydew melon.
(comparative more honeydew, superlative most honeydew)
- Of a light bluish green colour, like that of a honeydew melon.