- The definition of an occurrence is something that happens, or is the frequency with which something happens.
- An example of an occurrence is when an eclipse can be seen from the earth.
- An example of an occurrence is the rate at which cancer happens in people as they age.
- the act or fact of occurring
- something that occurs; event; incident
- The action, fact, or instance of occurring: The occurrence of snow is rare in these parts.
- Something that takes place; an event or incident: worrisome occurrences.
- This word is often misspelled occurence, occurrance or occurance.
occurrence - Legal Definition
An event of happening.