- The definition of an occurrence is something that happens, or is the frequency with which something happens.
- An example of an occurrence is when an eclipse can be seen from the earth.
- An example of an occurrence is the rate at which cancer happens in people as they age.
occurrence definition by Webster's New World
- the act or fact of occurring
- something that occurs; event; incident
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- occurrent adjective
occurrence definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The action, fact, or instance of occurring.
- Something that takes place.
- oc·curˈrent adjective
occurrence - Legal Definition
An event of happening.