- simple past tense and past participle of occur
- When an earthquake happened last week, this is an example of when an earth quake occurred.
- When corn grew naturally in a given part of the country, this is an example of when corn occurred naturally.
- When you suddenly remember you forgot to take the trash out, this is an example of when it occurred to you that you forgot to take out the trash.
Occurred is defined as something that happened, took place, existed or was found, or it is a thought or idea coming into someone's mind.
- Why hadn't it occurred to her that Jonathan might feel he was being replaced?
- An idea occurred to her.
- It occurred to her that he might push her off it.
- He made an excellent companion, a fact that hadn't occurred to her before that moment.
- I cautioned everyone not to be concerned with what occurred after we conveyed a tip.