- The definition of chronology refers to the way events unfolded or were arranged in time.
Details about a series of events and the time periods in which they occurred are an example of a chronology.
- the science of measuring time in fixed periods and of dating events and epochs and arranging them in the order of occurrence
- the arrangement of events, dates, etc. in the order of occurrence
- a list or table of dates in their proper sequence
Origin of chronologychrono- + -logy
- The science that deals with the determination of dates and the sequence of events.
- The arrangement of events in time.
- A chronological list or table.
- chro·nol′o·gist, chro·nol′o·ger
(countable and uncountable, plural chronologies)