- The definition of chronology refers to the way events unfolded or were arranged in time.
Details about a series of events and the time periods in which they occurred are an example of a chronology.
chronology definition by Webster's New World
noun pl. chronologies
- the science of measuring time in fixed periods and of dating events and epochs and arranging them in the order of occurrence
- the arrangement of events, dates, etc. in the order of occurrence
- a list or table of dates in their proper sequence
Origin: chrono- plush -logy
chronology definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. chro·nol·o·gies
- The science that deals with the determination of dates and the sequence of events.
- The arrangement of events in time.
- A chronological list or table.
- chro·nolˈo·gist, chro·nolˈo·ger noun