- If you are charged the same payment for a gym membership every month, this is an example of a recurring payment.
- If you have the same nightmare about falling down for nights on end, this is an example of a recurring nightmare.
The definition of recurring is happening time and again, or returning.
- Present participle of recur.
Variant of recur
intransitive verbrecurred, recurring
- to have recourse (to)
- to return, as in thought, talk, or memory: recurring to an earlier question
- to occur again, as in talk or memory; come up again for consideration
- to happen or occur again, esp. after some lapse of time; appear at intervals
Origin of recurClassical Latin recurrere ; from re-, back + currere, to run: see course