- Present participle of recur.
When Alexa is stressed out, she experiences a recurring dream in which she is falling.
- If you are charged the same payment for a gym membership every month, this is an example of a recurring payment.
- If you have the same nightmare about falling down for nights on end, this is an example of a recurring nightmare.
The definition of recurring is happening time and again, or returning.
- In the system adopted in 1905 and since maintained, recurring and non-recurring expenditure were shown separately, the non-recurring expenditure being termed special.
- Such frequently recurring movements introduced new blood.
- (We need not consider a fraction with a non-recurring part).
- An application of the method is to the summation of a recurring series, i.e.
- - The increase of plants, so far as the production of new individuals of particular kinds is concerned, is one of the most important and constantly recurring of gardening operations.