- of, like, or proper to athletes or athletics
- physically strong, fit, skillful, active, etc.
- mesomorphic (sense )
- The definition of athletic is a person, place, or thing that is strong, vital, and/or busy.
A dog who is strong and competes in jumping competitions is an example of something athletic.
- Athletic is defined as a person, place, or thing connected to or skilled in sports, exercise or physical fitness.
- A local field where various sports are played is an example of something athletic.
- A person who is involved in playing a lot of sports is an example of someone who is athletic.
- The bag a person carries their things in when going to the gym is an example of something athletic.
- A person who has six-pack abs, sculpted arms and shoulders, and strong legs is an example of someone with a build that is athletic.
- Of or befitting athletics or athletes.
- Characterized by or involving physical activity or exertion: an athletic lifestyle; an athletic child.
- Physically strong and well-developed; muscular: an actor with an athletic build.
(comparative more athletic, superlative most athletic)
- (baseball) A player on the team Oakland Athletics.
- There are athletic institutions, and football is quite a popular game.
- He had an athletic build, muscular and well proportioned.
- Grasmere is also noted for an athletic meeting in August.
- We tied Doylestown—my one athletic claim to fame.
- Athletic games, open to all who traced their nationality to Athens, were part of this festival.