- The definition of mighty is something that is large, powerful or overwhelming.
An example of something mighty is a storm that is very destructive.
- Mighty is defined as very.
An example of something mighty is describing a delicious dinner as "mighty fine."
mighty definition by Webster's New World
- having might; powerful; strong
- remarkably large, extensive, etc.; great
Origin: Middle English myghty ; from Old English mihtig
mighty definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective might·i·er, might·i·est
- Having or showing great power, skill, strength, or force: a mighty orator; a mighty blow.
- Imposing or awesome in size, degree, or extent: a mighty stone fortress.
- mightˈi·ness noun