- The definition of mighty is something that is large, powerful or overwhelming.
An example of something mighty is a storm that is very destructive.
- Mighty is defined as very.
An example of something mighty is describing a delicious dinner as "mighty fine."
- having might; powerful; strong
- remarkably large, extensive, etc.; great
Origin of mightyMiddle English myghty ; from Old English mihtig
- Having or showing great power, skill, strength, or force: a mighty orator; a mighty blow.
- Imposing or awesome in size, degree, or extent: a mighty stone fortress.
- Influential, powerful beings.
- The high and the mighty get what they want.
- (obsolete, rare) A warrior of great force and courage.
(comparative mightier, superlative mightiest)
- Very strong; possessing might.
- He's a mighty wrestler, but you are faster than him.
- Very heavy and powerful.
- Thor swung his mighty hammer.
- He gave the ball a mighty hit.
- Accomplished by might; hence, extraordinary; wonderful.
- (informal) Excellent, extremely good.
- Tonight's a mighty opportunity to have a party.
- She's a mighty cook.
Old English mihtiÄ¡.