- weighty; heavy
- large and powerful
- big or fairly big
- Of considerable weight; heavy.
- Big and strong; stout or muscular. See Synonyms at heavy.
- Strong and sturdy: a hefty door.
- Of considerable size or amount; substantial: a hefty serving of mashed potatoes; received a hefty bonus.
(comparative heftier, superlative heftiest)
- Nouns to which "hefty" is often applied: price tag, premium, profit, price, penalty, fine, portion, salary, gain, increase, amount, sum, check, fee.
heft (“weight”) + -y