- having much weight; very heavy; ponderous
- burdensome; oppressive: weighty responsibilities
- of great significance or moment; serious: weighty matters of state
- of great influence, power, importance, etc.
- Having considerable weight; heavy. See Synonyms at heavy.
- Burdensome; oppressive: weighty problems. See Synonyms at burdensome.
- Of great consequence; serious or momentous: the weighty matters before the delegates at the peace talks.
- Having great power or influence: a weighty argument.
(comparative weightier, superlative weightiest)
weight +"Ž -y