- An example of considerable is the impact of coal on the environment.
- An example of considerable is the pile of dirty dishes after a large dinner party.
The definition of considerable is something important or large.
- worth considering; important; noteworthy
- much or large: considerable success
Origin of considerableMiddle English
Chiefly Dial. a large amount or number; much
- Large in amount, extent, or degree: a writer of considerable influence.
- Worthy of consideration; significant: The economy was a considerable issue in the campaign.
A considerable amount, extent, or degree.
(comparative more considerable, superlative most considerable)