Adrian's veins bulge on his sinewy arms during his workouts.
The definition of sinewy is tough, muscular and strong.
An example of sinewy used as an adjective is the phrase sinewy rope which means a tough and strong rope.
- of or like sinew; tough; strong
- having many or large sinews, as a cut of meat
- having good muscular development: sinewy shoulders
- vigorous; powerful; robust: a sinewy style of writing
- Consisting or full of sinews, as:a. Stringy and tough: a sinewy cut of beef.b. Lean and muscular. See Synonyms at muscular.
- Strong and vigorous: sinewy prose.