Adrian's veins bulge on his sinewy arms during his workouts.
An example of sinewy used as an adjective is the phrase sinewy rope which means a tough and strong rope.
- of or like sinew; tough; strong
- having many or large sinews, as a cut of meat
- having good muscular development: sinewy shoulders
- vigorous; powerful; robust: a sinewy style of writing
- Consisting or full of sinews, as:a. Stringy and tough: a sinewy cut of beef.b. Lean and muscular. See Synonyms at muscular.
- Strong and vigorous: sinewy prose.