- The definition of sinewy is tough, muscular and strong.
An example of sinewy used as an adjective is the phrase sinewy rope which means a tough and strong rope.
- of or like sinew; tough; strong
- having many or large sinews, as a cut of meat
- having good muscular development: sinewy shoulders
- vigorous; powerful; robust: a sinewy style of writing
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Consisting of or resembling sinews.b. Having many sinews; stringy and tough: a sinewy cut of beef.
- Lean and muscular. See Synonyms at muscular.
- Strong and vigorous: sinewy prose.