- The definition of wiry is a person or thing that looks like wire.
- An example of wiry is wild, stiff hair; wiry hair.
- An example of wiry is a tall, thin person; a wiry person.
- An example of wiry is a plant with thin, tough branches; a wiry plant.
- Of or relating to wire.
- Resembling wire in form or quality, especially in stiffness: wiry red hair.
- Sinewy and lean: He had a wiry build.
- Produced by or as if by wire being vibrated. Used of sounds: a wiry tone.
(comparative wirier, superlative wiriest)
From noun wire.