- impressively large; enormous
Origin of wallopingpresent participle of wallop
- a thrashing or beating
- a crushing defeat
- Very large; huge: a walloping fish.
- Very fine; impressive: a walloping success.
Used as an intensive: a walloping huge lie.
A sound thrashing or defeat.
- whopping, large in size
- of exceptional, impressive quality
- A series of wallops (blows.)
- (figuratively) Verbal abuse.
- For forgetting to pick up the package again, my boss gave a walloping.
- Present participle of wallop.
From the verb wallop 'beat, impact'