A husky relaxing in the snow.
- Husky means sounding hoarse, or being heavy built.
- An example of something husky is a voice of a person with a cold.
- An example of a husky person is someone who is a bit overweight.
- The definition of a Husky is an Arctic sled dog.
An example of a Husky is the Greenland Husky.
- full of, containing, or consisting of husks
- like a husk
- sounding deep and hoarse; rough: a husky voice
Origin of huskywith reference to the toughness of a husk big and strong; robust; burly
- Hoarse or rough in quality: a voice husky with emotion.
- a. Resembling a husk.b. Containing husks.
Origin of huskyFrom husk.
- Strongly built; burly.
- Heavily built: clothing sizes for husky boys.
Origin of huskyPerhaps from husk.
Origin of huskyProbably from shortening and alteration of Eskimo.
(comparative huskier, superlative huskiest)
husk + -y; in relation to voice, from the sense "dry as a husk" or "tough as a husk".
- Any of several breeds of dogs used as sled dogs
Variant of husky