- a. Muscular in build; brawny: a beefy wrestler.b. Substantial; filling: “a rather … beefy, densely colored wine” ( Robert M. Parker, Jr. )
- Filled with beef.
(comparative beefier, superlative beefiest)
beef + -y
- The outer head creates a wide, beefy look, while the inner head makes for a nice peak during the classic bicep-flex pose.
- But because the tenderloin doesn't get much exercise, it doesn't develop a very beefy flavor.
- Her eyes went to the beefy blond.
- Several of the beefy men living in the house were in the grassy, well-lit courtyard, sparring with swords, knives, and other weaponry that looked like it came straight out of the Middle Ages.
- She was hauled into a sitting position by two beefy hands that then tore off her blindfold.