- The definition of gigantic is extremely large or huge.
An example of something gigantic is an elephant in comparison to a mouse.
- of, like, or fit for a giant
- very big; huge; colossal; enormous; immense
Origin of gigantic; from Classical Latin gigas (gen. gigantis): see giant + -ic
- Exceedingly large in size, extent, or amount, especially for its kind: a gigantic toadstool. See Synonyms at enormous.
- Very great in scope or importance: a gigantic mistake.
Origin of giganticFrom Latin gigās, gigant-, giant; see giant, or from Greek gigantikos (from gigās, gigant-, giant).
(comparative more gigantic, superlative most gigantic)
From Ancient Greek γιγαντικός (gigantikos).