- The definition of gigantic is extremely large or huge.
An example of something gigantic is an elephant in comparison to a mouse.
gigantic definition by Webster's New World
- of, like, or fit for a giant
- very big; huge; colossal; enormous; immense
Origin: ; from Classical Latin gigas (gen. gigantis): see giant plush -ic
- gigantically adverb
gigantic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Relating to or suggestive of a giant.
- a. Exceedingly large of its kind: a gigantic toadstool.b. Very large or extensive: a gigantic corporation. See Synonyms at enormous.
Origin: From Latin gigās, gigant-, giant; see giant, or from Greek gigantikos (from gigās, gigant-, giant).
- gi·ganˈti·cal·ly adverb