- The definition of titanic is huge or of great strength like the Titans, or containing titanium.
- An example of something titanic is a massive mountain.
- An example of something titanic is the metal used for airline parts.
- The Titanic was a British ocean liner that sank in 1912 on its maiden voyage.
An example of the Titanic is the liner that hit an iceberg causing a huge loss of life.
- of or like the Titans
- of great size, strength, or power
Origin of TitanicClassical Greek Titanikos
- Titanic Of or relating to the Titans.
- a. Having great stature or enormous strength; huge or colossal: titanic creatures of the deep.b. Of enormous scope, power, or influence: “a deepening sense that some titanic event lay just beyond the horizon” (W. Bruce Lincoln).
(comparative more titanic, superlative most titanic)
Titan +"Ž -ic
titan(ium) +"Ž -ic
- Of, or relating to the Titans, a race in ancient mythology.