- of the Cyclopes
- huge; gigantic; enormous; massive
Origin of Cyclopean; from Classical Latin Cyclopeus ; from Classical Greek Kykl?peios ; from Kykl?ps, Cyclops + -an
- often Cyclopean Relating to or suggestive of a Cyclops: a great Cyclopean monocle.
- Very big; huge: has a cyclopean ego.
- Of or constituting a primitive style of masonry characterized by the use of massive stones of irregular shape and size.
(comparative more cyclopean, superlative most cyclopean)
- Suggestive of a cyclops.
- (masonry) Fitted together of huge irregular stones.
- Massive in stature.
(comparative more Cyclopean, superlative most Cyclopean)