- The definition of skinny is a very thin person or thing.
An example of skinny is someone with a 15% body mass index.
- Skinny is a slang term for confidential news or gossip.
An example of skinny is information on who is dating whom in a group of friends.
- of or like skin
- without much flesh; very thin
- of inadequate size, growth, etc.
- a. Having very little bodily flesh or fat, often unattractively so; very thin. See Synonyms at lean2.b. Having little width; narrow: a skinny island.
- Of, relating to, or resembling skin.
(comparative skinnier, superlative skinniest)
- See also obese
Skin +"Ž -y, meaning associated with lack of fat or muscle possibly derived from the phrase skin and bones, meaning associated with nudity derived from exposing skin.