- An anorexic is someone who is extraordinarily thin as a result of suffering from anorexia nervosa or from an inability to eat.
An example of someone who can be described as anorexic is Mary Kate Olson.
- An anorexic is defined as someone who is unable or unwilling to eat.
An example of an anorexic is someone who has a stomach virus.
- The definition of an anorexic is someone who refuses to eat as a result of suffering from an emotional disorder called Anorexia Nervosa which causes an altered perception of body image and fear of weight gain resulting in starvation and unhealthy weight loss.
An example of an anorexic is Portia de Rossi.
- suffering from anorexia
- suppressing appetite for food
- an anorexic person
- an anorexic drug
- Suffering from or afflicted with anorexia nervosa.
- Characterized by severe economy of style and expression: “The book consists of nineteen rather anorexic stories, stripped of all but vestigial traces of emotion and often of plot” (Madison Smartt Bell).
(comparative more anorexic, superlative most anorexic)
- Somebody suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- A medicine which suppresses appetite.