Origin of mesomorphicmeso- + -morphic of a state intermediate between the liquid and the crystalline; of or like liquid crystal
Origin of mesomorphicmeso(derm) + -morphic designating or of the muscular physical type, characterized by predominance of the structure developed from the mesoderm
- also mes·o·mor·phous Of, relating to, or existing in a state of matter intermediate between liquid and crystal.
- Of or relating to a mesomorph.
- mes′o·mor′phism mes′o·mor′phy
(comparative more mesomorphic, superlative most mesomorphic)
- Of or pertaining to a mesomorph.
From mesomorph +"Ž -ic.
- (chemistry, physics) Of or pertaining to phases of matter intermediate between solid and liquid; of or pertaining to liquid crystals.