- Dysfunction is defined as an abnormality or impairment, or a deviation from accepted social behavior.
- When your kidneys are not able to filter out waste, this is an example of kidney dysfunction.
- When a group of teens engages in drinking and other unwanted behaviors, this is an example of dysfunction.
abnormal, impaired, or incomplete functioning, as of a body organ or part
- Abnormal or impaired functioning of a bodily system or organ.
- Failure to achieve or sustain a behavioral norm or expected condition, as in a social relationship.