- Illness is defined as a sickness or disease, or to a period of sickness and disease.
A cold or a virus is an example of an illness.
A little boy suffering from an illness.
- the condition of being ill, or in poor health; sickness; disease
- Obsolete wickedness
- a. Poor health resulting from disease of body or mind; sickness.b. A disease.
- Obsolete a. The quality of being disagreeable or unpleasant.b. Evil; wickedness.
(countable and uncountable, plural illnesses)
- (countable) An instance of a disease or poor health.
- (uncountable) A state of bad health or disease.
From ill + -ness.