(third-person singular simple present ends up, present participle ending up, simple past and past participle ended up)
- (idiomatic; with the preposition with) To conclude, turn out, sometimes unexpectedly.
- (idiomatic) To arrive at a destination, sometimes unexpectedly.
- I was going for a stroll, and ended up in Slovakia.
- (of a set of events) To eventually do
- We spent a long time looking for a cheaper deal, but we ended up buying from the first dealer we met.
- To lift or tilt, so as to set on end.
- to end up a hogshead