- The definition of conclude means to finish or end.
An example of to conclude is to write an ending to a term paper.
conclude definition by Webster's New World
- to bring to a close; end; finish
- to decide by reasoning; infer; deduce
- to decide; determine
- to arrange or settle; come to an agreement about: to conclude a pact
Origin: Middle English concluden, to conclude ; from Classical Latin concludere, to shut up, enclose ; from com-, together plush claudere, to shut, close
- to come to a close; end; finish
- to come to an agreement
conclude definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb con·clud·ed, con·clud·ing, con·cludes verb, transitive
- To bring to an end; close: concluded the rally with the national anthem. See Synonyms at complete.
- To bring about (a final agreement or settlement): conclude a peace treaty.
- To reach a decision or form an opinion about. See Synonyms at decide.
- To arrive at (a logical conclusion or end) by the process of reasoning; infer on the basis of convincing evidence: The jury concluded that the defendant was innocent.
- Obsolete To confine; enclose.
- To come to an end; close.
- To come to a decision or agreement.
Origin: Middle English concluden, from Latin conclūdere : com-, intensive pref.; see com- + claudere, to close.
- con·cludˈer noun