- Rectitude is being morally correct.
An example of rectitude is being honest and always treating others with kindness and respect.
rectitude definition by Webster's New World
- conduct according to moral principles; strict honesty; uprightness of character
- correctness of judgment or method
- Rare straightness
Origin: Middle English ; from Middle French ; from Late Latin rectitudo ; from Classical Latin rectus, right: see recti-
rectitude definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Moral uprightness; righteousness.
- The quality or condition of being correct in judgment.
- The quality of being straight.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin rēctitūdō, from Latin rēctus, straight; see reg- in Indo-European roots.
- recˌti·tuˈdi·nous adjective