The definition of lustrous is something that is shiny and bright.
An example of lustrous is shiny hair in a shampoo commercial.
- Having a sheen or glow; gleaming: lustrous pearls. See Synonyms at bright.
- Well-known or distinguished; illustrious: lustrous achievements.
- Her fur was lustrous and her nose looked like black velvet.
- His eyes were large and lustrous, his nose rather long and his countenance bright and cheerful."
- Plumbic acid, Pb0(OH) 21 is obtained as a bluish-black, lustrous body of electrolysing an alkaline solution of lead sodium tartrate.
- At large few European birds possess greater beauty, the pure white of its scapulars and inner web of the flight-feathers contrasting vividly with the deep glossy black on the rest of its body and wings, while its long tail is lustrous with green, bronze, and purple reflections.
- A similar story appears in the Book of Enoch, and Tertullian has much to say about the wicked angels who revealed to men the knowledge of gold and silver, of lustrous stones, and of the power of herbs, and who introduced the arts of astrology and magic upon the earth.