The definition of lustrous is something that is shiny and bright.
An example of lustrous is shiny hair in a shampoo commercial.
- Having a sheen or glow; gleaming: lustrous pearls. See Synonyms at bright.
- Well-known or distinguished; illustrious: lustrous achievements.
- Her fur was lustrous and her nose looked like black velvet.
- His eyes were large and lustrous, his nose rather long and his countenance bright and cheerful."
- At large few European birds possess greater beauty, the pure white of its scapulars and inner web of the flight-feathers contrasting vividly with the deep glossy black on the rest of its body and wings, while its long tail is lustrous with green, bronze, and purple reflections.
- Plumbic acid, Pb0(OH) 21 is obtained as a bluish-black, lustrous body of electrolysing an alkaline solution of lead sodium tartrate.
- It forms a lustrous, nearly black crystalline mass, composed of minute rhombohedra.