The following words beginning with L are short and sweet. They all have five or fewer letters, making them perfect choices when you need good words but don’t have a lot of room.
a light-hearted adventure
to express amusement with a vocal sound
chuckle, chortle, giggle, crack up
to guide or show the way
guide, direct, conduct
anything that is alive, and the quality of being alive
to be low in weight, literally or figuratively
to agree with or enjoy
approve, enjoy, agree with, admire
to care deeply or feel passion
adore, care for
to show faithfulness toward something or someone
Longer words beginning with L offer a chance to express your positive feelings too. Try everything from “ladylike” to “lyrical.”
to act the way society expects a female to behave
laid back (adj.)
to be casual
calm, unpretentious, casual
glowing or flickering light across a surface
generosity in giving of gifts or money
something with endurance
something to be celebrated for doing the right thing
correct, celebrated, commendable
the sound of laughing
something that is legal
legal, permitted, acceptable
someone who guides or directs
guide, boss, director
gaining a skill or knowledge
someone or something that is well known for a deed
heroic, fabled, famous
freedom from responsibilities like work and school
freedom, respite, spare time
like a lion, distinguished and illustrious
lion-like, esteemed, famed, powerful, dignified
not harsh or strict
lax, tolerant, permissive
something to be learned
class, seminar, lecture
calm and controlled in stressful situations
wise, practical, prudent, reasonable
freedom from control or imprisonment
someone or something that saves lives, literally or figuratively
free from care and worry
carefree, cheerful, unburdened
having the quality of being easy to like
easy to bend
clear and not cloudy, simple and easy to comprehend
clear, bright, transparent
moving or bending with grace
graceful, lithe, agile
trying to hear and pay attention
able to read and write
fast-moving and full of life
quick, energetic, vivacious
making sense according to logic or reason
amount of time someone or something will last
acting in the manner of a lord
to lie around, often in a comfortable chair
relax, loll, idle
easy to care for
low in price
thinking that is clear
leading to profit
giving off light
having a pleasant taste or smell
the quality of shining
shiny, bright, glowing
highly comfortable and often expensive
creative work that can be sung
Wondering how to use these positive L words in a sentence? These examples will help:
- Your loyal and level-headed service during this time has been laudable.
- Lounging with you has been a leisurely lark.
- Her lyrical voice matched her lovable personality.
- He was leonine in his looks and lordly in his actions.
- As the sun rose, the sky became luminous, and a lambent glow played across the tops of the trees.
- The lustrous pearl necklace was a luxurious gift.
- He was both literate and logical, and his arguments were difficult to refute.
- Because of her largess, the hall of learning was able to continue offering lessons.
- She felt lighthearted and lively walking through the field of flowers.
- A simple pencil sharpener can be a low-cost lifesaver during standardized tests.