- like silk in appearance, texture, quality, etc.; specif.,
- soft or smooth
- lustrous; glossy
- smooth and ingratiating: a silky voice
- delicate or gentle: a silky touch
- having fine, soft, silklike hairs, as some leaves
- Made of silk; silken.
- Resembling silk; smooth or lustrous.
- Covered with or characterized by fine soft hairs or feathers: a silky chick.
- Pleasantly agreeable, as to the ear: a silky voice.
- Suave or ingratiating: “the silky courtier's manipulation of an enfeebled king” ( David Foster Wallace )