- made of silk
- dressed in silk
- like silk in appearance, texture, quality, etc.; specif.,
- soft, smooth, or glossy
- smooth and ingratiating: silken flattery
- elegant; luxurious: silken ease
- soft; gentle: a silken caress
Origin: Middle English from Old English seolcen: see silk and amp; -en
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Made of silk.
- Resembling silk in texture or appearance; smooth and lustrous. See Synonyms at sleek.
- Delicately pleasing or caressing in effect: a silken voice.