- Literary made of silk
- like silk in appearance, texture, quality, etc.; specif.,
- soft or smooth
- lustrous; glossy
- smooth and ingratiating: silken flattery
- Literary elegant; luxurious: silken ease
- delicate or gentle: silken caresses
Origin of silkenMiddle English ; from Old English seolcen: see silk and amp; -en
- Made of silk.
- Smooth and lustrous like silk.
- Delicately pleasing or soothing: a silken voice; silken touches.
(third-person singular simple present silkens, present participle silkening, simple past and past participle silkened)
- To render silken or silklike.
From Middle English silken, from Old English seolcen (“made of silk, silken"), equivalent to silk +"Ž -en.