- the shining of the sun
- the light and heat from the sun
- a sunny place or part
- cheerfulness, happiness, etc.
- a source of this
- a. The light or the direct rays from the sun.b. The warmth given by the sun's rays.c. A location or surface on which the sun's rays fall.
- a. Radiant cheerfulness; geniality.b. A source of cheerfulness.
- Public access or scrutiny: attempts to open the legislative process to more sunshine.
- The direct rays, light or warmth of the sun.
- We were warmed by the bright sunshine.
- A location on which the sun's rays fall.
- We moved out of the shade and into the sunshine.
- geniality or cheerfulness.
- I enjoyed the sunshine of her smile.
- A source of cheerfulness or joy.
- The effect which the sun has when it lights and warms some place.
- (UK) Friendly form of address often reserved for juniors.
- Alright sunshine, safe to cross now.
- (UK) Ironic form of address used to an inferior or troublemaker.
- OK, sunshine, listen up and listen good. There's five vandalised telephone boxes out there and I know you're responsible.
- (humorous) Used to address someone who has just woken up and/or is very sleepy.
- Good morning, sunshine!