The definition of apprehensive is a person who is upset or worried about some future event or about the possibility that something will happen.adjective
If you have a premonition that something bad is going to happen and that makes you very concerned and nervous, that is an example of being apprehensive.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- able or quick to apprehend or understand
- having to do with perceiving or understanding
- anxious or fearful about the future; uneasy
Origin: ME < ML apprehensivus < pp. of L apprehendere, apprehend
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Anxious or fearful about the future; uneasy. See Synonyms at afraid.
- Capable of understanding and quick to apprehend.
- apˌpre·henˈsive·ly adverb
- apˌpre·henˈsive·ness noun