This woman appears apprehensive.
- The definition of apprehensive is a person who is upset or worried about some future event or about the possibility that something will happen.
If you have a premonition that something bad is going to happen and that makes you very concerned and nervous, that is an example of being apprehensive.
- able or quick to apprehend or understand
- having to do with perceiving or understanding
- anxious or fearful about the future; uneasy
Origin of apprehensiveMiddle English ; from Medieval Latin apprehensivus ; from past participle of Classical Latin apprehendere, apprehend
- Anxious or fearful about the future; uneasy: was apprehensive before the surgery.
- Archaic Capable of understanding and quick to apprehend.