- The definition of uneasy is uncomfortable, or anxious.
- An example of someone uneasy is a person sitting in a chair with only three legs.
- An example of something uneasy is a cat when a dog walks by.
uneasy definition by Webster's New World
uneasy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective un·eas·i·er, un·eas·i·est
- Lacking a sense of security; anxious or apprehensive: The farmers were uneasy until it finally rained.
- Affording no ease or reassurance: an uneasy calm.
- a. Awkward or unsure in manner; constrained: uneasy with strangers.b. Causing constraint or awkwardness: an uneasy silence.
- Not conducive to rest: fell into a fitful, uneasy sleep.
- un·easeˈ, un·easˈi·ness noun
- un·easˈi·ly adverb