- The definition of uncomfortable is a state of feeling physical discomfort, uneasiness or anxiety.
- An example of uncomfortable is when you ate too much and are feeling kind of sick to your stomach.
- An example of uncomfortable is when you are meeting your friend's parents and you already know they hate you.
This man is feeling uncomfortable.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- not comfortable; feeling discomfort
- not pleasant or agreeable; causing discomfort
- ill at ease
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Experiencing physical discomfort.
- Ill at ease; uneasy.
- Causing anxiety; disquieting.
- un·comˈfort·a·ble·ness noun
- un·comˈfort·a·bly adverb