- not comfortable; feeling discomfort
- not pleasant or agreeable; causing discomfort
- ill at ease
This man is feeling uncomfortable.
- An example of uncomfortable is when you ate too much and are feeling kind of sick to your stomach.
- An example of uncomfortable is when you are meeting your friend's parents and you already know they hate you.
The definition of uncomfortable is a state of feeling physical discomfort, uneasiness or anxiety.
- Experiencing physical discomfort.
- Ill at ease; uneasy.
- Causing anxiety; disquieting.
- It was uncomfortable, but safe.
- He looked uncomfortable and his gaze shifted absently to the cabinets.
- But what made him most uncomfortable was the large four-poster bed Cynthia and Jeffrey Byrne had shared in love.
- Katie grumbled, uncomfortable in her formal dress.
- I guess I shouldn't be snoopy either, but we've had a lot of guests in the last six months and I've never felt this uncomfortable about any of the others.