- having the nature of a riot
- engaging in rioting or inciting to riot
- without restraint; disorderly; boisterous
- dissolute; profligate: riotous living
- luxuriant or profuse
ME < OFr rioteus
See riotous in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of, relating to, or resembling a riot.
- Participating in or inciting to riot or uproar.
- Uproarious; boisterous: a riotous party.
- Dissolute; wanton: riotous living.
- Abundant or luxuriant: a riotous growth. See Synonyms at profuse.
Learn more about riotous