- Excitement is defined as a feeling of enthusiasm, eagerness or exhilaration, or is defined as something that causes such a feeling.
- The way a child feels on Christmas morning waiting to open his presents is an example of excitement.
- Christmas morning, which inspires exhilaration, is an example of an excitement.
Excitement is what children feel at Christmas.
excitement definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an exciting or being excited; agitation
- something that excites
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French
excitement definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. The act or an instance of exciting.b. The condition of being excited.
- Something that excites: the dancing tigers and other circus excitements.
excitement - Medical Definition
An emotional state characterized by its potential for impulsive or poorly controlled activity.