excitement[ek sīt′mənt, ik-]
Excitement is what children feel at Christmas.
- Excitement is defined as a feeling of enthusiasm, eagerness or exhilaration, or is defined as something that causes such a feeling.
- The way a child feels on Christmas morning waiting to open his presents is an example of excitement.
- Christmas morning, which inspires exhilaration, is an example of an excitement.
- an exciting or being excited; agitation
- something that excites
Origin of excitementMiddle English ; from Old French
- a. The act or an instance of exciting.b. The condition of being excited.
- Something that excites: the dancing tigers and other circus excitements.
(countable and uncountable, plural excitements)
excite + -ment