an exciting or being excited
Origin of excitationMiddle English excitacioun ; from Late Latin excitatio
- The act or process of exciting or an instance of it.
- The state or condition of being excited.
- Physiology The activity produced in an organ, tissue, or part, such as a nerve cell, as a result of stimulation.
- The act of exciting or putting in motion; the act of rousing up or awakening.
- The act of producing excitement (stimulation); also, the excitement produced.
- (physiology) The activity produced in an organ, tissue, or part, such as a nerve cell, as a result of stimulation
- (physics) The change in state as an excited state is formed by the absorption of a quantum of energy
From Old French excitation, from Latin excitatio.