- The definition of pacific is the ocean off of California, or peaceful and tranquil.
- An example of something Pacific are the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
- An example of something pacific is a lullaby.
- Pacific is defined as the ocean off the coast of California.
An example of pacific is the Pacific Ocean.
A lovely view of the Pacific Ocean.
- making or tending to make peace; appeasing; conciliatory
- of a peaceful nature or disposition; not warlike; mild; tranquil; calm
Origin of pacificFrench pacifique ; from Classical Latin pacificus ; from pacificare, pacify
- Tending to diminish or put an end to conflict; appeasing.
- Of a peaceful nature; tranquil.
Origin of pacificFrench pacifique, from Old French pacifice, from Latin pācificus : pāx, pāc-, peace; see pag- in Indo-European roots + -ficus, -fic.
- Of, in, or near the Pacific Ocean.
- Of, on, or near the western coast of the United States.
- Of or concerning countries bordering the Pacific Ocean, especially those of Asia and North America.
From Middle French pacifique.
- The Pacific Ocean.
- Related to the Pacific Ocean.
From Latin pācificus "peace-making"
Variant of Pacific Ocean
Origin of Pacific Ocean; from Modern Latin (mare) Pacificum, peaceful sea: so called by Magellan because of its tranquil appearance