A delectable prime rib roast.
- The definition of delectable is very pleasing to taste.
An example of delectable is a delicious prime rib dinner.
- Delectable is defined as something that is delicious.
An example of delectable is a piece of Godiva chocolate.
Origin of delectableMiddle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin delectabilis ; from delectare: see delight
- Greatly pleasing to the taste; delicious. See Synonyms at delicious.
- Greatly pleasing; delightful: found her anecdotes delectable.
- Sexually attractive or alluring.
Origin of delectableMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin d&emacron;lect&amacron;bilis, from d&emacron;lect&amacron;re, to please; see delight.
- de·lec′ta·bil′i·ty, de·lec′ta·ble·ness
(comparative more delectable, superlative most delectable)
- Something fitting the above description.
From Middle French délectable, from Medieval Latin delectare (“to delight”).