- The definition of delectable is very pleasing to taste.
An example of delectable is a delicious prime rib dinner.
- Delectable is defined as something that is delicious.
An example of delectable is a piece of Godiva chocolate.
A delectable prime rib roast.
delectable definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin delectabilis ; from delectare: see delight
delectable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Greatly pleasing; delightful.
- Greatly pleasing to the taste; delicious. See Synonyms at delicious.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin dēlectābilis, from dēlectāre, to please; see delight.
- de·lecˌta·bilˈi·ty, de·lecˈta·ble·ness noun
- de·lecˈta·bly adverb