Origin of scrumptiousaltered from sumptuous
A scrumptious looking desert.
An example of something that would be described as scrumptious is a delicious and decadent dessert.
Origin of scrumptiousPerhaps alteration of sumptuous
(comparative more scrumptious, superlative most scrumptious)
Probably an alteration of sumptuous. First noted in 1836. Originally meant "stylish, splendid". For example, a 1864 dictionary of slang lists the meanings of "nice, particular, beautiful". In the sense of "delicious" - from 1881.
- Now that you know what wallpaper is and how to install it's time to know where you can download all those scrumptious fairies to live on your desktop.
- A blend of coconut flour and sweet rice flour can make a scrumptious coating for coconut shrimp.
- Scrumptious Chinese food, served up fast (but with lots of care) in sleepy, low-key Noe Valley.
- These cookies are a familiar favorite during the Christmas holiday and children and adults alike enjoy their simple yet scrumptious flavor.
- Are you a "hot dog and marshmallow" kind of camper, or do you want to branch out and really prepare some scrumptious camping cuisine?