- A delicious, perfectly cooked pot roast is an example of something that would be described as a succulent meal.
- A cactus is an example of a plant that would be described as a succulent plant.
The definition of succulent is something tender, tasty and delicious, or a plant with thick and fleshy leaves.
- full of juice; juicy
- full of interest, vigor, etc.; not dry or dull
- Bot. having thick, fleshy tissues for storing water, as a cactus
Origin of succulentClassical Latin succulentus ; from sucus, juice: see suck
a succulent plant
- Full of juice or sap; juicy.
- Botany Having thick, fleshy, water-storing leaves or stems.
- Highly interesting or enjoyable; delectable: a succulent bit of gossip.
A succulent plant, such as a sedum or cactus.
Origin of succulentLatin succulentus, from succus, juice; see seu&schwa;-2 in Indo-European roots.
- suc′cu·lence, suc′cu·len·cy
(comparative more succulent, superlative most succulent)
- a succulent plant (such as cactus)