- The definition of luscious is something that is very pleasing to the sense of taste or smell or someone who has strong sexual appeal.
- An example of something that would be described as luscious is a rich and delicious breakfast.
- An example of someone who would be described as luscious is an incredibly sexy supermodel.
A luscious breakfast.
luscious definition by Webster's New World
- highly gratifying to taste or smell, esp. because of a rich sweetness; delicious
- delighting any of the senses
- having a strong sensual appeal; voluptuous
- Archaic sickeningly sweet or full-flavored; cloying
Origin: Middle English lucius, probably variant, variety of licious, aphetic form of delicious, influenced, influence by lusch, lush
luscious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Sweet and pleasant to taste or smell: a luscious melon. See Synonyms at delicious.
- Having strong sensual or sexual appeal; seductive.
- Richly appealing to the senses or the mind: a luscious, vivid description.
- Archaic Excessively sweet; cloying.
Origin: Middle English lucius, alteration of licious, perhaps short for delicious, delicious; see Delicious .
- lusˈcious·ly adverb
- lusˈcious·ness noun