- hot enough to glow; very hot
- very excited, angry, ardent, etc.
- very new; current: red-hot news
Informal a frankfurter; hot dog
- Glowing hot; very hot.
- Heated, as with excitement, anger, or enthusiasm: a red-hot speech.
- Very recent; new: red-hot information.
- See hot dog.
- A small, usually round red candy strongly flavored with cinnamon.
(comparative more red-hot, superlative most red-hot)
- Heated to the point that it glows with a visible red color.
- The smith's apprentice was still wary of manipulating the red-hot metal.
- (hyperbolic) very hot
- that curry was red-hot
- Emotionally charged, especially with anger or enthusiasm.
- He really delivered a red-hot speech today.
- Having a very strong sexual appeal.
- Did you see that red-hot picture of Liv Tyler in today's paper?
- Very fresh, new, recent and up to date.
- Tune in at ten to catch this red-hot story!
- (dated, US) Alternative spelling of red hot.
(plural red hots)
- (US, Midwest) A frankfurter, a hot dog.