- The definition of legendary is someone or something that has become famous or well-known, usually as a result of a distinctive or unique characteristic or skill.
A person who is the best pool player in a town is an example of someone who might be considered a legendary pool player.
legendary definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of, based on, or presented in legends
- remarkable; extraordinary
- well-known; famous
legendary definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, constituting, based on, or of the nature of a legend.
- a. Celebrated in legend.b. Extremely well known; famous or renowned. See Usage Note at legend.
- legˌen·darˈi·ly adverb