- One who supplies a means of subsistence: parents who were good providers.
- One that makes something, such as a service, available: primary health care providers.
to provide + -er
provider - Computer Definition
Variant of provide
transitive verbprovided, providing
- Now Rare to get ready beforehand
- to make available; supply
- to supply (someone) with something
- to state as a condition; stipulate
Origin of provideMiddle English providen ; from Classical Latin providere ; from pro-, pro- + videre, to see: see vision
- to prepare (for or against some probable or possible situation, occurrence, etc.)
- to make a condition; stipulate
- to furnish the means of support: usually with for