- One who supplies a means of subsistence: parents who were good providers.
- One that makes something, such as a service, available: primary health care providers.
provider - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
Variant of provide
- Now Rare to get ready beforehand
- to make available; supply
- to supply (someone) with something
- to state as a condition; stipulate
Origin: ME providen < L providere < pro-, pro- + videre, to see: see vision
- to prepare (for or against some probable or possible situation, occurrence, etc.)
- to make a condition; stipulate
- to furnish the means of support: usually with for
- provider noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.