Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- undecided, uncommitted, or without a definite focus
- likely to be experienced although without an evident cause: free-floating fear
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Not committed or decided.
- Experienced without an obvious basis or cause: free-floating anxiety.
- Capable of free movement; not bound.