An example of coincident is two people dropping a glass at the same time in a restaurant.
- occurring at the same time
- taking up the same position in space at the same time
- in agreement; similar or identical: where desire and need are coincident
Origin of coincidentFrench ; from Medieval Latin coincidens, present participle
- Occupying the same area in space or happening at the same time: a series of coincident events. See Synonyms at contemporary.
- Being in agreement or harmony: testimony that was coincident with the actual facts.
- Matching point for point; coinciding: coincident circles.
(comparative more coincident, superlative most coincident)
From French coïncident.