- The definition of coincident is something that happens at the same time, exists in the same place or is the same as something else.
An example of coincident is two people dropping a glass at the same time in a restaurant.
coincident definition by Webster's New World
- occurring at the same time
- taking up the same position in space at the same time
- in agreement; similar or identical: where desire and need are coincident
Origin: French ; from Midieval Latin coincidens, present participle
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- coincidently adverb
coincident definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Occupying the same area in space or happening at the same time: a series of coincident events. See Synonyms at contemporary.
- Being very similar to another, as in nature: testimony that was coincident with the actual facts.
- Matching point for point; coinciding: coincident circles.