- The definition of a location is the place where something is or where something is occurring.
An example of location is the train station.
- a locating or being located
- position in space; place where a factory, house, etc. is or is to be; situation
- an area marked off or designated for a specific purpose
- ☆ Film an outdoor set or setting, away from the studio, where scenes are photographed: chiefly in
Origin: L locatio
- locational adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or process of locating.
- A place where something is or could be located; a site.
- A site away from a studio at which part or all of a movie is shot: filming a Western on location in the Mexican desert.
- A tract of land that has been surveyed and marked off.
Origin: Latin locātiō, locātiōn-, a placing, from locātus, past participle of locāre, to place; see locate.
- lo·caˈtion·al adjective