The definition of a location is the place where something is or where something is occurring.
An example of location is the train station.
- a locating or being located
- position in space; place where a factory, house, etc. is or is to be; situation
- an area marked off or designated for a specific purpose
- ⌂ Film an outdoor set or setting, away from the studio, where scenes are filmed: chiefly in on location
Origin of locationClassical Latin locatio
- The act or process of locating: Location of the lost hikers took two days.
- A place where something is or could be located; a site.
- A site away from a studio at which part or all of a movie is shot: filming a Western on location in the Mexican desert.
- A tract of land that has been surveyed and marked off.
Origin of locationLatin locati&omacron;, locati&omacron;n-, a placing, from locatus, past participle of locare, to place; see locate.