maple leafmaple leaf
- the national emblem of Canada
- pl. maple leafs a gold coin of Canada, often bought for investment
- The flag of Canada
- The official bullion gold coin of Canada.
- Alternative spelling of maple leaf.
- attributive form of maple leaf; used in the name of various plants the leaves of which resemble those of the maple.
maple leaf - Investment & Finance Definition
A bullion coin minted by the Canadian government in gold, silver, and platinum. These coins are collected by investors and coin collectors and are actively traded. They can be purchased from the Canadian government or from traders in the secondary market.